CIM starts search for next marketing greats in the Capital
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has announced that the CIM Marketing Excellence Awards 2020 are now open for entries. The awards recognise and reward brilliance in the field of marketing, celebrating the finest minds within the profession.
Last year, Greater London competed strongly, with 52 entries entering the awards from the Capital. Hammersmith based headquarters, Fox Networks group was victorious and won Best Use of Social Media campaign. Discussing their win, senior marketing & PR manager, Antoine Chapuy said: “The CIM Marketing Excellence Awards provide an important benchmark for innovation in content marketing so we’re delighted to be awarded this year’s Best use of Social Media for The Walking Dead season 8 Facebook Live Q&A with cast.”
London chair of CIM, Mocky Khan said: “We are beginning our search for London’s next marketing success. Whether you have ran a successful campaign or would like to showcase your marketing achievements over the past year, the CIM Marketing Excellence awards is a perfect opportunity to give recognition and reward the finest minds within the marketing profession. Let’s use the awards to showcase London’s marketing talent on a national stage.”
To mark the awards’ eleventh anniversary, the event will be held for the first time at The Brewery - in the City of London, the original Georgian brewhouse of Whitbread. New also for 2020 are six new industry sector categories including financial services, FMCG and retail, awarding outstanding marketing by organisations, teams and individuals who are at the cutting-edge of their profession. Marketers and organisations have until 22 November to submit their entries.
The Marketing Excellence Awards 2020 will also see the winning team from the finalists of CIM’s student competition, The Pitch, which is sponsored by Lidl, presented with the ‘Marketers of the Future’ award.
Discussing the launch of the awards, Chris Daly, chief executive of CIM, said: “For over a decade, the Marketing Excellence Awards have recognised and rewarded brilliance in the field of marketing, celebrating the finest talent within our profession. On the 2nd of April 2020, over 600 professionals from across the field of marketing will gather to find out who will be crowned the best-of-the-best in their field of marketing. We had some strong entries from Greater London last year, I expect them to be strong again in 2020. Good luck to everyone who enters, I am sure you will all enjoy this evening of celebration.”
This year’s categories include:
• Best Advertising Campaign
• Best Brand Building Campaign
• Best Content Marketing Campaign
• Best Corporate Social Responsibility
• Best Customer Experience
• Best Innovative New Product/Service
• Best Integrated Campaign
• Best Partnership Campaign
• Best use of Data and Insight
• Best use of Digital Marketing
• Best use of PR
• Best use of Social Media
• Agency of the Year
• Marketing Campaign of the Year
• Marketer of the Year – FOC category
• Marketing Team of the Year (client side)
• Best Automotive Campaign (new)
• Best Education Campaign (new)
• Best Financial Services Campaign (new)
• Best FMCG/Retail Campaign (new)
• Best Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Campaign (new)
• Best Not for profit/Charity/Social Marketing Campaign (new)
• Marketers of the Future (The Pitch)
Any organisation, individual, team or agency within the UK, regardless of size, sector or industry, is eligible to enter their marketing campaign for the awards. Finalists will be announced on the 8th January 2020 on the website and by email.
To find out more, visit the Marketing Excellence Awards website.
Other leading organisations sponsoring categories at the event include: Clip Ltd, Flashmat, Miappi, Resource, Hawthorn and Stopgap.
- ENDS -
For media enquiries
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing regional press office at Pelican Communications on email@example.com or 01457 820807
For CIM enquiries
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing press office:
CIM Head of PR and External Engagement
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s leading marketing body, with over 30,000 members worldwide, of which there are over 3,000 Chartered Marketers. CIM’s mission is create marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. It believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
• Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
• Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
• Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
• Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise and peers
• Recognition – CIM is the global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. CIM has 130 study centres in 36 countries and there are 132 countries with exam centres. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk