Spotlight on… Verity Studley-Wootton
Co-Founder & Associate Director
- At the age of 16, where did you see yourself in 5 years?
I knew that I wanted to be 'in business' but I didn't know which or doing what!
- And where were you at the age of 21?
I was Lettings Manager, running a lettings department of a large estate agency. Certainly something I fell into - but that role gave me so much life experience that I'm grateful for it now.
- How did you get into your current role?
I was working within a marketing agency but looking for a step up. I was originally interviewed for a Marketing Manager role in the sister business but they were looking to create their own marketing agency and I thought, 'that sounds like a great challenge'. Day 3 in the role I was meeting potential clients despite not actually having an agency! And here we are 3 years later and the agency is going strong.
- What’s the thing you love most about your job?
There's two key things I love in my job - I love working with clients and really making a difference to their marketing AND their business. I also love working with my team and seeing them develop and thrive as marketing professionals in our agency.
- If you could give one piece of career advice to aspiring marketers, what would it be?
Try to get yourself into an initial role where you'll be exposed to as much different marketing as possible and supplement that by continually developing yourself. Learning both on the job and in theory will put you in a really strong position to progress in your career.
- In another life, your career would have been…
Something much more 'earthy' - a gardener, botanist, ecologist, herbalist - it's so different from 'something in business'!
This or That?
- Tea or coffee? Coffee
- Twitter or Facebook? Instagram for me, but Facebook for reminding me of birthdays!
- Netflix or Amazon Prime? Prime.
- Physical book or Kindle? Physical book every time.
- Chocolate or crisps? Both depending on how the mood takes me!
- Dog or cat? Cat
- Beach or poolside? Both and everywhere please!
- Big party or dinner party? Dinner party.
- Run or walk? A walk in a beautiful setting
- Pop or rock? Pop!