The New Marketing Mix: Challenges, Opportunities and Innovation on 18 October 2023
Thank you to those who joined us at Henley Business School on Wednesday 18 October for our event - The new marketing mix: Challenges, opportunities and innovation. We are pleased to share with you some of the highlights from our recent event, The New Marketing Mix: Challenges and Opportunities, held in collaboration with the Henley Business School.
With attendees from diverse sectors and backgrounds engaging in productive discussions and networking sessions, experts and practitioners in the field of marketing shared their valuable insights and experiences on navigating the evolving landscape of marketing in the 21st century.
Key event takeaways:
● Artificial Intelligence (AI) enhances our capabilities and creativity rather than replacing us. Marketers are beginning to leverage AI as a supplementary tool to stay competitive.
● Flexible working enhances workplace productivity, well-being, and diversity. Offering flexible working options can attract and retain talent, particularly among older workers who highly value flexibility.
● Sustainability serves as both a moral obligation and a competitive advantage, as customers increasingly demand ethical and responsible choices. Aligning marketing strategies with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals can help to reduce our environmental impact.
● Diversity and inclusion foster innovation, creativity, and customer loyalty. Create a culture of inclusion and belonging, where individuals can bring their authentic selves to work and feel valued and respected.
● Effectively communicating with price-sensitive and value-conscious customers has become essential amidst the challenges posed by the rising cost of living and economic uncertainties.
● Engaging in continuous professional development is essential to keep pace with the ever-evolving marketing landscape, acquiring skills and competencies that are in demand in the market.
● Attracting, recruiting, and retaining high-quality talent is crucial for achieving excellent results. Employers face recruitment challenges in both in-house and agency settings due to skill gaps.
We have a number of exciting webinars planned in the next few months so please do keep your eye on the CIM events page to find out about what's coming up.