People Power event – theme sponsor discount for CIM Members
12 June 2019, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
(Doors open 8.30am - 4.30pm)
CIM members are invited by North East CIM Study Centre nesma to The People Power Event. It's a unique opportunity to hear some great marketing speakers and brush up on your business skills.
At the conference, regional and national experts will address a range of crucial marketing and employer issues. Topics include; health and wellbeing, communications, use of technology, staff recruitment and retention, absenteeism, training and skills development, apprenticeships, work/life balance, effective management, resilience and agile working.
Veronica Swindale, Managing Director at nesma comments, 'We decided to be a theme sponsor of this event, not only because we are a strong believer that employees are a key asset that enables you to distinguish yourself from the competition. But we also know some fantastic speakers who we want to introduce you to! Due to the range of fascinating topics covered this year, I think delegates will find the toughest challenge will be deciding which session to attend.'
The five key themes this year include;
• Digitalisation and Technology
• Leadership and Management
• Apprenticeships and Workforce Development Strategy
• Health and Wellbeing
• Marketing and Communications
The Marketing and Communications theme has the following sessions from engaging experts.
• Employer branding: Are you an employer of choice? With Paul Hitchens a TEDx speaker and author of three best-selling books on employer branding
• Managing change through effective internal communications where Sally Keith, an experienced practitioner, will look at how you can manage your advocates and assassins
• Essential Marketing Skills for the Future where Joanne Dolezal will share how she thinks you should recruit and develop your marketing team of the future by looking at critical core skills and competencies as well as the emerging skills gaps
• Value-Based Recruitment: Recruiting in line with your corporate values with Jackie Le Fevre who has won three national awards for values-based recruitment including the prestigious Guardian Public Service Award for HR
• What's your company's story and who do you tell it to first; what's your company's story and who do you tell it to first with Andy Green, a bestselling author and storyteller.
08.30 – 09.30 Registration and plan your day
09.15 – 09.35 Welcome Address
10.45 – 12.30 Choose three sessions
12.30 – 1.30 Lunch and Learn
1.30 – 16.15 Choose three sessions
Venue: Northumbria University, Business & Law Building, City Campus East 1, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1UY
As a theme sponsor, nesma can offer you access to a 20% discount on your tickets for the People Power event. You will need to register online here and enter the discount code: NESMA20.
The ticket cost includes all conference sessions, lunch and refreshments plus Charities, public sector and not-for-profit organisations can attend at the reduced rate of £35+VAT which can be booked here.