A team from London South Bank University are among the ten shortlisted for the final round of The Chartered Institute of Marketing’s (CIM) prestigious student competition, The Pitch.
Now in its eleventh year, The Pitch sees students from leading UK and international universities compete to respond to a live client brief. The competition is sponsored this year by the UK’s leading health and beauty retailer, Boots, with teams challenged to raise awareness of the partnership Boots has with The Prince’s Trust, in a creative way that brings to life the expertise and ‘behind the scenes’ support for young people.
The shortlist will be narrowed down to three teams and the winning team will be announced at a virtual live final on Friday, 18 March 2022. The overall winning student team will be named CIM’s ‘Marketers of the Future’. They will also receive a one-year complimentary CIM membership and a £1,500 cash prize (to be shared amongst the team).
The university teams shortlisted in this year’s The Pitch competition include:
- Birmingham City University, Team BCUseful
- Bournemouth University, Team M&G
- DeMontfort University, Team NG
- University of Strathclyde, Team Powerpuff Pitchers
- The University of Sheffield & Sheffield Hallam University & University of Leeds, Team SSS-team
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Team TARUC yyds
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Team Musketeers
- London South Bank University, Team The ARK
- University of Liverpool, Team The Three Marketeers
- University of Wolverhampton, Team Unapologetic Marketers
Hoping to bring the title to the Capital is Team ‘The ARK’, made up of Kalon Jamal and Anna Smolarczyk.
Commenting on their shortlist, team ‘The ARK’ said: “CIM’s Pitch competition has been a great bonding opportunity for us, and we have been able to understand each other's strengths and weaknesses and put our minds together to develop a promising campaign.
Having the chance to create a campaign for well-established brands such as Boots and The Prince's Trust has been an exciting opportunity. We believe that the CIM Pitch competition will be a rewarding experience for the networking opportunities, real-world marketing experience, and the impact this will have on our progression as marketeers. Our team is greatly appreciative of this opportunity, and all that's left to do now is to bring the win to London South Bank University.”